[78-L] 33 rpm Vinyl question ^

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Mon Feb 9 08:21:01 PST 2009

That wonderful out of phase quadraphonic mix. It's also been finally admitted
that the piano rolls were cut at slower than normal speeds because of their
length..no pianist could play the Rhapsody that fast, not even Georgie. I would
avoid that record like the plague. Lots of issues of the original piano rolls
out there, including one that actually sounds like a human pianist (that may be
the Nonesuch, I'm not sure).

dl