[78-L] Stereo, stereo wherefore art thou?

David Weiner djwein at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 5 08:09:01 PST 2009

Yeah, but wasn't the LP market primarily an "adult" clientele until the
Beatles?
Dave

        If the teen market was driving record sales, I think the kids
would choose according to economics.  The kids would buy portable players
with a single speaker, for example rather than cumbersome stereo.  And the
transistor radios came with a single mono earplug, and that was a more
interesting innovation than setting up for the perfect stereo experience
of music that basically went thumpity thumpity thump.

        I can remember an LP, tho, which claimed it was playable on both
mono and stereo equipment.

- Stephen D
Calgary