[78-L] Stereo, stereo wherefore art thou?

Stephen Davies SDavies at mtroyal.ca
Thu Feb 5 08:00:30 PST 2009

Resend
----- Forwarded by Stephen Davies/Academic/MRC on 2009-02-05 08:59 -----

Stephen Davies/Academic/MRC
2009-02-03 09:04

78-l at klickitat.78online.com
cc

Subject
Stereo, stereo wherefore art thou?

<<<
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 20:18:29 -0500
From: "David Weiner" <djwein at earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [78-L] Unexpected US Releases was Calling all Goonatics
I still don't get why stereo discs were so hard to come by in the mid-60s
-

        If the teen market was driving record sales, I think the kids
would choose according to economics.  The kids would buy portable players
with a single speaker, for example rather than cumbersome stereo.  And the
transistor radios came with a single mono earplug, and that was a more
interesting innovation than setting up for the perfect stereo experience
of music that basically went thumpity thumpity thump.

        I can remember an LP, tho, which claimed it was playable on both
mono and stereo equipment.

- Stephen D
Calgary
This communication is intended for the use of the recipient to which it is addressed, and may
contain confidential, personal, and or privileged information. Please contact the sender
immediately if you are not the intended recipient of this communication, and do not copy,
distribute, or take action relying on it. Any communication received in error, or subsequent
reply, should be deleted or destroyed.