[78-L] Wild Waves

David Weiner djwein at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 2 17:21:31 PST 2009

I do know the lyrics to "Little Lady Make Believe," and have sung it often.
It's closely associated with Bing Crosby, who recorded it for Decca around
1937 or so, and is about a man's little daughter who discovers her deceased
mother's clothes, and tries them on.  It really a sad song, and I can't
understand why anyone could possibly be offended by any of the lyrics.  But,
there are all kinds of nuts in the forest.

Bud

-------

The complaint on this song is that "Daddy is a sick voyeur" - and now, I kid
you not, things are heating up on the cast record list on whether songs like
"I Enjoy Being a Girl" are disgustingly sexist.  Oy vey ismir....

Dave W/