[78-L] CO-Burning Down The House Lbl

Mark Hendrix 78L gennett5276 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 29 16:50:56 PST 2009

Folks can see the label pictured in "Note the Notes" at the following web
site, maintained by 78-L member Cliff Bolling:

http://78labels.cdbpdx.com/PicLabels/

I also have a variant from the U. S. Columbia "Gold Band"-style label,
featuring line drawings of two mothers cradling their infants (or perhaps
they are nurses cradling orphan infants?), Columbia E3289.  The color scheme
is gold print on orange, the same unreadable scheme they used for at least
some Armenian-language issues.  Interestingly, the presence of the drawing
necessitates the "Gold Band" being moved down to surround the spindle hole
(so that the "M" and the "B" in "Columbia" flank the spindle hole).

Thanks for posting that image, Jeffrey!

--Mark Hendrix