[78-L] Scroll label

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Tue Jan 27 20:05:29 PST 2009

We had that record from the time I was born and I didn't even know there was
anything unusual about it till I became a serious collector. Most people
wouldn't have noticed the difference..in 1942 it was "an old record" and that's
what it sounded like. What I DID notice was that the 1951 pressing (which my
dad happened to get in the late 50s) sounded much better, and I guess I thought
they'd done some nice work in transferring it to a new master.

It would be interesting to know how long that mule was in print in the US.

dl