[78-L] Intro and a few questions

agp agp2176 at verizon.net
Tue Jan 27 16:06:24 PST 2009

>Warner Brothers did a 78 promotional 78 release in the early SEVENTIES, in
>Canada only (as far as I know), of the "Summer of 42" Theme. As for the 30s,
>I'm aware of a set of 78s on the KFWB label, if that counts..the broadcast
>premiere of the "Robin Hood" film score, 1938.

Actually a number of WBs 1959 releases came out on 78 in Canada. WB
also had 78s into 1960 in the UK, and at least 1961 in South Africa.

Cool thing is that they seem to have has the most post 1960 78 promo
items of any label that I know of (apart from the Rhino fake 78s).
See my Cool 78 for January 2009 - Leon Redbone.

Tony
http://www.cool78s.com