[78-L] Art Tatum Trio - Body & Soul 1943?

simmonssomer simmonssomer at comcast.net
Mon Jan 26 17:23:07 PST 2009

There's a Standard Transcription of a Tatum "Body and Soul" circa Nov. 1945
issued on the Italian Joker Label (LP).
SM 3117.
There's a July 3, 1955 live private recording (solo piano)made at a party at
a certain Ray Heindorff's home in LA..
There's a Jan 18, 1944 live "Body and Soul with Petiford  and Catlett made
at the old Metropolitan Opera House in NYC. Issued on V-Disc 620. There's a
May 1, 1944 "Body and Soul" on Tulip LP TLP 104 (trio)
That's all I have.
There are some May 21, 1944 AFRS broadcasts extant but I don't know whether
"Body and Soul"wasplayed. Also some 1945 Chesterfield Club line checks , I
have titles from both those occasions but no "Body and Soul"
I cannot find any reference to live 1943 recording of that title but I'll
bet they exist somewhere. He played that tune a lot int  those years. Sorry
I couldn't help on this.

Al Simmons