[78-L] Art Tatum Trio - Body & Soul 1943?

Tim Huskisson timhuskisson at btinternet.com
Mon Jan 26 16:40:29 PST 2009

Hello All,
(All those that are still here!)

Could anyone tell me if Art Tatum's Trio (Tatum, Tiny Grimes, Slam Stewart)
made a live recording of Body & Soul in 1943? Having searched the web, I see
that there was indeed a session in 1944, but I have an acetate with a
handwritten date of 26th April 1943. There's a scan of the label and 2
minutes of audio at:
www.timhuskisson.talktalk.net/arttatumtrio.htm

I haven't heard the 1944 recording so I can't compare it. Note that the
label states 'French Dubbing'(?) and the source of the disc may be the BBC.

Cheers!

Tim Huskisson