[78-L] 'Gay'.

David Weiner djwein at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 25 19:57:35 PST 2009

I have two things against using 'gay' as a word for homosexual.

(1) It's inaccurate. I've met some pretty miserable homosexual people
of both sexes.

--------
And I've met some pretty miserable straight people - I think "miserable" is
the default setting for most adults.  Depends on who you are surrounded
with.  The majority of my gay friends are larky & sparky.

And back to records, don't forget "Keep It Gay" from Rodgers & Hammerstein's
ME AND JULIET, on 78 by Perry Como.  And as late as 1961, there was the
Dietz-Schwartz Broadway musical THE GAY LIFE, which has been retitled THE
HIGH LIFE for any professional performances these days.

Dave W.