[78-L] Calvin and the Colonel and Billy Murray...was: Calvin and..not Hobbes, but The Colonel

Sammy Jones sjones69 at bellsouth.net
Sun Jan 25 19:14:34 PST 2009

It's eight episodes as well.  They are:

The Polka Dot Bandit
Sister Sue's Sweetheart
Thanksgiving Dinner
The TV Job
The Costume Ball
Nephew Newton's Fortune
Sycamore Lodge
Wheeling and Dealing

Are these eight the same that you found on the DVD-R?  These shows are great
fun!  Who's the current copyright owner, and why isn't there an official
release???

I had never heard of Calvin and the Colonel until Elizabeth posted about it
on another forum some time back.  Very interesting end to the original Amos
'n' Andy.

Back to the Billy Murray Oldsmobile cartoon:  What a thrill to finally see
this one.  There's lots of Murray cartoon and radio information from Ryan
Barna and his excellent http://www.denvernightingale.com/ site.  It's the
premiere place on the web for Billy Murray info!

Ryan, thanks for all your hard work!  It's the best thing for Murray fans
since the Scarecrow Press biography of several years ago.

Sammy Jones

David Lennick wrote:
Good taste had to triumph sometime! How many episodes are on that "600" set?
found someone selling a 2-DVD-R set of 8 episodes and ordered it this
morning,
and a couple of sources for online episodes have been noted.

Now to continue the search for other obscurities. "I'm Dickens, He's
Fenster"..
you're next.

dl