[78-L] 78-L Digest, Vol 4, Issue 89

Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr. citroenid19 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jan 25 10:31:55 PST 2009

baz wrote:
> Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 05:35:31 -0800 (PST)
> From: bazdennen at roadrunner.com
> Subject: Re: [78-L] LOST URL
> To: 78-L Mail List <78-l at klickitat.78online.com>
>
> When you say "lost all your bookmarks" I assume you are using Firefox.  Your
> bookmarks are not lost and can be retrieved.  Go into help and seek retrieve
> lost bookmarks and you will follow the link and get instructions to retrieve
> them.  It's a bit of a palaver and requires renaming a file, etc, but it's
> easier than trying to reconstruct or remember your "lost" bookmarks.

Yes. You simply locate the old "profiles" folder in documents and
setting/[user account folder]/application data/profiles and copy it to
your desktop. Then you make a new profile and copy the files into the
new profiles folder found adjacent to your old one. Once you confirm the
files are in working order, you can delete the old one.
You can copy emails, bookmarks, settings all in one swell foop.

--
Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr. #:?)
Technology, thoughtfully, responsibly.