[78-L] What the &@#$ is going on? ^

yves francois aprestitine at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 24 23:05:22 PST 2009

   ...just listen to "Running a Temperature" Jimmie Lunceford 1936 (vox/arr: Sy Oliver), and it will take care of the rest. I happen to love that record, probably the first album I bought in Chicago when I was 12 had that song as the first track on side one (an old Decca album "For Dancers' Only" still have it, after all these years), and I really like Earl Carruthers baritone sax on that one (and Oliver's plunger trumpet is rather like his work on the Mezzrow session from 1937)
and a good morning to the music world
Yves Francois