[78-L] Harvesting the Coral label

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sat Jan 24 21:14:35 PST 2009

November 1948, per Gart, for the first issues in the 60000, 64000 and 65000
series (Popular/Reissue, C&W, R&B respectively). Other series were 65500
(Silver Star, 45 rpm only) and childrens (69000). Last number in each series:
62565, 64187, 65102, 65619, 69045.

Coral was being used as a budget reissue line in the seventies in Britain and
Canada as well..here it replaced the other cheapo LP labels like Carnival and
Point.

dl