[78-L] Stewart Banjo & Guitar Mag Online

Malcolm Rockwell malcolm at 78data.com
Sat Jan 24 12:21:56 PST 2009

Gary -
For years I've been wanting to get into the "dead" files of the Oakland
Tribune, San Francisco Chronicle, SF Examiner, Chicago Tribune, St.
Louis Post-Dispatch, etc. to no avail (short of going to these
respective cities and their local libraries to do paper research, just
as I do with the Honolulu papers).
I realize that many of the old paper records have not been re-formatted
digitally, and that there are services online that are working on this
(mostly small town dailies & weeklies) such as
http://newspaperarchive.com , of which I am a member, but they don't
seem to cover the larger dailies.
Do you have any sources, including possibly pay sites, that cover the
larger US publications from c. 1900 onward?
I shall surely check out the Australian site you sent me. Thanks!
Best,
Malcolm

******