[78-L] Will Bradley - Jambalaya

zimrec at juno.com zimrec at juno.com
Sat Jan 24 08:08:52 PST 2009

Message: 7
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 18:42:06 -0500
From: davdieh at aol.com
Subject: Re: [78-L] Will Bradley - Jambalaya
To: 78-l at klickitat.78online.com

zimrec at juno.com wrote:
> I've been absent from 78-L for a while due to too many more pressing matters.
Reason for posting now is a friend queried me about a recording of Will Bradley
doing "Jamalaya" with Ray McKinley vocal.  I couldn't find it in Lord ver. 6.0,

but my friend insists that it was issued on 78 rpm.  Does anyone have info on
date & issue?

> Art

I think I may have that on a 7-inch Bell record from the 1950's though I don't recall
McKinley being present.
None of these are listed in Lord.
David Diehl

I found a web site of Bell Records discography, not to be confused with the later Bell label issues which are listed on a different site. See http://www.bellrecords.nl/.  Unfortunately, having gone through the 45 rpm / 7-inch 78s, I find only one listing of Bradley, and that as a sideman.  The 10-inch 78 rpm listing isn't yet on the web site, although there is a link to that page.

Art