[78-L] ^^ To whom it may concern - Julian's post re: voters (thanks!!)

yves francois aprestitine at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 24 07:41:24 PST 2009

   Julian, an incredible answer to this, I have looked for that quote for years, but the explanation to the quote was even better and finding this on 78L of all places (where I am usually wanting to find more of musicians like Babe Russin, as I did last week on  Pollcak/Teagarden issue from 1930 or Booker Pittman)!!! Too often it is thought that the  enforcing of elections on various nations in the world (Haiti, Congo, Iraq, Palestine, Iran, Kosovo et all) would bring up democratic institutions, but IMHO it is just so much nonsense, and that the Clinton/Bush doctrine that voting a person every 4 to 6 years constitute democracy is eminently stupid. I have one (or two) other political posts to make and then (will try) to be quiet about all this
I thank you for this post
Yves Francois Smierciak