[78-L] A very informative site about record changers

Harold Aherne leotolstoy_75 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 22 19:24:10 PST 2009

...is located right here:

http://www.geocities.com/midimagic@sbcglobal.net/changers.htm

Possibly it's already been noted here, but I don't recall seeing it. Anyway, it's
a detailed look at the various models of record changers used from 1927 to
the 70s, in multiple parts (note the links to part 2 et al. near the bottoms
of the pages). I really only knew about the Capehart and early Victor changers;
I couldn't have imagined that so many creative variations existed.

And I certainly didn't know that Victor used that nerve-wracking "throw-off"
system of changer briefly in 1931. I think the Capehart design looks the most
secure.  The information on this site looks pretty accurate overall, although if you
want to see the changers in action you'll have to consult YouTube or

http://www.myvintagetv.com/updatepages1/changer%20videos/changer_videos.htm

-Harold