[78-L] Jack Denny on YouTube

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Thu Jan 22 16:44:45 PST 2009

OK,  having watched this again I think I was too harsh on Jack...there are
some very nice sounds here although I don't think he used the accordion very
well...too much chug-chug.  I like it in Henry King's band where it's used
for nice fill-ins.

Over the years I've come to appreciate the singing of Paul Small as well...I
thought his phrasing on I'll See You In My Dreams was excellent.

I don't have Victor 22983 but I checked and do have about a half dozen late
22000 and early 24000 by Jack Denny,  so I'm going to spin 'em again as I
doubt I've played any of them in years.

Taylor