[78-L] Jack Denny, brief bio

martha MLK402 at verizon.net
Thu Jan 22 14:09:30 PST 2009

  According to Robert Callen,  the first time Brunswick sent him to Montreal to
record, the Canadian Customs officials blocked entry of the recording equipment.
Plattsburgh had only 25-cycle electricity, so the sessions were further delayed
while they rigged their 60-cycle motor-generator set to run at the right speed.
Another delay occurred when drunk musicians arrived from Montreal,  having opened
some of the booze they smuggled into the USA for the benefit of the recording staff.

 Whether Denny was part of the above sessions, I don't know.