[78-L] In with the Inn Crowd? ^

Chris Zwarg doctordisc at truesoundtransfers.de
Thu Jan 22 13:53:36 PST 2009

At 22:24 22.01.2009, you wrote:
>Thanks, Al, and thanks to all who have written me.
>
>Not to beat the ol' dead horse,  but I think I owe the group an apology for
>my contribution to the grumpy e mail cycle.  It was not my intention to just
>pour more gasoline on the flames,  but it may have looked that way to some
>of you.
>
>The trouble with communication by e mail,  as we all know and should keep in
>mind,  is that the tone of the writer can't always be inferred with any
>certainty...and what might have been meant as a light jab ends up sounding
>and feeling like a nasty poke,  or worse.
>
>Let's all have a Happy 2009 on 78-L.
>
>Taylor B

Thanks for staying, Taylor, and accept my personal apology for scaring you off (luckily only temporarily) by my blustering. I have learned that I - especially, as you rightly point out, in e-mail communication - must hold back some of my bitterness and sarcasm as they are bound to be misunderstood by some; I am happy to say rarely that this will rarely be a problem in the (more important) on-topic part of conversation anyway. Isn't it wonderful that matrix numbers are apolitical and unemotional?

Chris Zwarg