[78-L] warning ; on-topic - 78 trends

David Weiner djwein at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 22 09:49:13 PST 2009

Hi

Just wondering - what are the current trends in 1940s-50's sales of 78s.
I'm not talking about the one off anomalies (like Miss Clooney's
"Tenderly" selling
for more than 75 cents on ebay) - but what are the strong sellers
(if any) from that time period.
Are people actively looking for certain labels and artists - or has the
digital
age eliminated all but Elvis from the market?

thanks
----

If we remove rock 'n' roll from the equation, I've seen high prices for 78s
by Marilyn Monroe, Judy Garland (Columbia singles, 1954) and late Capitols
by Sinatra.

Dave W.