[78-L] The 290 discs you can't play on radio [wuz Quoting Ginger Rogers...

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Thu Jan 22 09:34:51 PST 2009

It looks as if anything that mentioned God, Heaven, Paradise etc. was on the
"thees way we don' offend nobody" list (no apologies forthcoming to offended
Chicanos, that's a Freberg reference). Plus anything remotely related to sex.
Funny that "A Rose and a Baby Ruth" and its product-free alternative both made
the list..the Beeb had a long-standing ban against mentioning any product names
so Jack Jackson (him again!) would have to open the mike and cough at strategic
points when playing certain records.

dl