[78-L] Jack Denny in Montreal

Harold Aherne leotolstoy_75 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 21 21:25:22 PST 2009

Jack Denny's orchestra made eight recordings in Montreal in February 1932
that Victor issued on 22906, 22907, 22916 and 22917--below the border at least.
I'm curious as to whether these sides were also issued in Canada under those
numbers or if they were released in HMV's series devoted to Canadian material
(I don't recall the numbering sequence at the moment). How often were Montreal-
recorded sides issued in Victor's regular series?

Denny recorded in both Montreal and New York during his tenure at Brunswick
(1926-1931). I believe I've read that he was Canadian-born, although I can't cite
anything too definite at the moment.

-Harold