[78-L] (More?!) Pathetic...?!

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Wed Jan 21 20:11:55 PST 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: <DRJAZZ78 at aol.com>
> Greetings and So Long,
>    If anybody wants to contact me regarding trading or  discussion of
> 1920-1940 jazz and dance bands, please write to me at:
>    Perhaps when there is a group that is interested in  78s I'll resume
> correspondence.  Good-Day to all.

The poster here will never see this...?! However, I will make the same
point (virtually the same POST?!) that I usually do on these occasions!!

The harsh reality is that e-mail lists are inhabited by human beings...NOT
the computers they use to post messages on such lists...!! Unlike computers,
human beings are comparatively fallible...they DO NOT have one-track
minds/CPU's, and often also have ideas and opinions (which computers
DON'T...in fact, CAN'T!...?!) As a result, we humans may, can and DO
express personal ideas and opinions...SOME of which (as odd as this may
seem?!) do NOT concern 78rpm phonorecords or the discographic
information thereconcerning...!

Yes, folkses...there is life outside and/or away from 78rpm phonorecords
(I say this as the owner of about 54,000+ thereof!!) and this fact can and
will affect the traffic on ANY and ALL e-mail lists...!

A suggestion...for those who cannot conceive of life not relating to
78rpm phonorecords...?! There is an as-yet unfinished project which
can and will keep your mind(s) on that subject...! You can digitally
hie thyselfs to 78online and there download the complete set of the
"Abrams files!" These BADLY need corrections made and missing
data added where necessary and/or possible; this should occupy
you single-minded folks for the next few decades....better yet, it
is ALL on topic!!

Steven C. Barr