[78-L] More Cabin Fever Record Talk

jeffrey smedbron bottomlessattic at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 21 20:04:24 PST 2009

I wonder if the process linked to below is being developed by any firm for consumer use. Seems like a software program could be created to read a high definition image of the whole record disc taken on an oversize scanner bed. In the mean time I find that Loctite brand glass glue works great for repairing a semi tight disc crack. A very small drop out on the edge where the crack starts climbs right down the crack a way's and dries nicely without fouling the groove continuity. Another small drop on the run out portion of the crack (if the crack extends that far - which most seem to do) really firms the record up nicely. Iv'e repaired a lot of old htf recordings that way this winter.

  http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=11851842

Jeff S