[78-L] Obama quotes Dorothy Fields (not OT, the song was on 78)

fnarf at comcast.net fnarf at comcast.net
Wed Jan 21 12:36:49 PST 2009

From: Chris Zwarg <doctordisc at truesoundtransfers.de>

> But Bob, that "new man" is a X-TIAN, haven't you noticed? He suffers from the
> same mental depravity GWB did ! He has just as little moral authority against
> the Arab and Israeli terrorists, because he worships the same G*D !  That's what
> scares me - the US are still no better than Iran.

Um...what? I was gratified to hear Obama give a little shoutout to unbelieving heathens like myself, but to lump all Christians in with Iran sets the bar a little high, don't you think? Angela Merkel is a Christian. So are Gordon Brown, Kevin Rudd, Nicholas Sarkosy, Stephen Harper, Vlad Putin, and even Taro Aso, the Prime Minister of Japan (a Roman Catholic).

The US has its faults, which were eminently on display during the recently departed adminstration, but we are not actually ruled by clerics (as Iran is).

--
Steve