[78-L] Obama quotes Dorothy Fields (not OT, the song was on 78)

Chris Zwarg doctordisc at truesoundtransfers.de
Wed Jan 21 11:55:17 PST 2009

At 20:30 21.01.2009, you wrote:
><<  I suppose we aren't allowed to watch any Al Jolson movies for the time being. >>
>
>The stereotypes of African Americans portrayed by Al Jolson actually are offensive. To say that << ... if you pay attention to Jolson's performances, he did not make fun at all - his most heart-rending (over the top, if you will) performances were about love for Mother, love for Home, love for a simple life >> really is a case of putting lipstick on a pig.
>
>Love for a simple life?
>
>You are joking, right?
>
>Let's bring back the good old days of racial segregation and polio while we're at it.
>
>But hey, watch what you want.
>
>Need that 1-800 number for Netflix?

No, I'll stick to my Len Spencer and Arthur Collins cylinders, thank you. To me, the really offensive part of yesterday's ceremony was Obama openly worshipping the G*d of the White slave-drivers. Does nobody remember it was the Missionaries that came to Africa along with the traders who preached the "gospel" to the people there, in order to make them lose their natural pride in their own culture, and make them feel guilty for an imaginary "original sin" instead, which in turn made them easy victims. When Obama proclaimed during his campaign that he had left his church I really had hopes he might remove the McCarthy-era falsification of the Pledge, and take his Oath of Office on the Constitution instead of the history of the first Palestinian terrorist....

And no, sorry, I'm NOT joking, just being mighty sick of what happened yesterday, and even sicker that your n*gger president has so quickly taken over this list as well.

Chris Zwarg