[78-L] Obama quotes Dorothy Fields (not OT, the song was on 78)

Tom nice_guy_with_an_mba at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 21 11:30:13 PST 2009

<<  I suppose we aren't allowed to watch any Al Jolson movies for the time being. >>

The stereotypes of African Americans portrayed by Al Jolson actually are offensive. To say that << ... if you pay attention to Jolson's performances, he did not make fun at all - his most heart-rending (over the top, if you will) performances were about love for Mother, love for Home, love for a simple life >> really is a case of putting lipstick on a pig.

Love for a simple life?

You are joking, right?

Let's bring back the good old days of racial segregation and polio while we're at it.

But hey, watch what you want.

Need that 1-800 number for Netflix?