[78-L] The ultimate turntable

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Mon Jan 19 18:59:52 PST 2009

In my own case...a couple more items to add to my vast list of:
"Things that I not only DON'T WANT...but don't even WANT
to WANT!!"

In actuality, I AM looking for a turntable...my "wants" are easier
to express (and much more affordable, IF I can find one...!). I
am looking for a "record player" which uses the Astatic N8
ceramic cartridge...I already have a NOS N8-3d needle, but
the record player I was planning to put it in was knocked off the
table by Ecru the cat, and the speed selector was seriously
wounded as a result...!

The N8 uses separate needles for 78 and microgroove discs,
so the cartridge (NOT the needle) turns over...! These were
used, among other machines, in many RCA Victor players
of the sixties and seventies...!

So, if anyone out there in Radio-Land runs across such a machine,
PLEASE let me know...!

...stevenc