[78-L] Irving Kaufman Party Record???

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Sat Jan 17 20:28:15 PST 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Hendrix 78L" <gennett5276 at sbcglobal.net>
> For what it's worth, as a someone who's mostly built his collection from
> discs found in California thrift shops, I've turned up Sterling twice, and
> Juke Box maybe four times, in 24 years of active collecting.

Well...once the AFM ban and WWII were over, basically "all h*ll broke
loose" in the record industry! Suddenly, there were independent recording
studios...who (for a price) c/would provide "master recordings" (on acetates
or tape) which one could take to record-pressing facilities and turn into
records!! It was no longer necessary to expect Columbia or RCA Victor
to (after endless entreaties) place one's musical efforts before the
public...?!

...stevenc