[78-L] An unlisted Ruth Wallis

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sat Jan 17 19:20:11 PST 2009

Steven C. Barr wrote:
> [...]

In the discographies I cited with links, one of them IS in fact the one cited
below. Mr. Diehl and I have exchanged comments about this disc, which seems to
be one of her first.

> The only discographic work I can think of that would concern itself
> with the works of the aforementioned Ms. Wallis would be "The Blue
> Pages"...I know she didn't qualify for CED, and her oevures hardly
> fall under "jazz" (nor did she lead a "dance band"...?!).

Hey, she still inspired a Broadway show a couple of years ago.

> There shall yet come a time when I can compile and sell my
> "Almost Complete Discography Of Records Otherwise Ignored,"
> but that will be down the road a piece...?!

I don't ignore Down The Road A Piece..don't play it as often as I do Celery
Stalks At Midnight though.