[78-L] ARSC Journal back issues on line and Dr. Mike's writing

Steve Ramm steveramm78l at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 15 19:17:04 PST 2009

As was announced yesterday on ARSClist, the first 32 years (!) of ARSC Journals have been scanned and ar available free (got that FREE) on the ARSC web site. They are searchable. The last five years are not on line but can be ordered from ARSC.

The reason I mention this is that some of you (many maybe) were not ARSC members in the early days (I was at least since 1977) and yet you know the amazing amount of knowledge our Dr. Mike Biel has. For at least 14 issues Mike did a "news/review" column for the ARSC Journal called "For The Record". It was the first thing I read and led me to become Mike's close friend - and perennial ARSC COonference Roomate (until daughter Leah was old enough to go to cOnferences). In Fact, the column I've been writing monthly for the last 18 years for "In The Groove" was patterned after Mike's ARSC Journal column.

I highly recommend that you go to the URL below and search under auther for "Michael Biel". Then read all jhis columns. You have a laugh and learn stuff at the same time!

http://fms1.library.ucsb.edu/fmi/xsl/arsc/arscjournal.xsl

Steve Ramm