[78-L] Columbia date codes - was: Columbia question

Han Enderman jcenderman at solcon.nl
Wed Jan 14 08:00:33 PST 2009

The date codes FZ-BV were printed June 1917-Feb 1921 and have the gold band label.
As far as I know the green labels are later.
Pres. there were no ethnic series at the time?

The later codes like BP have been mentioned before by Steven Barr, but the meaning is not known.
Other codes (all after BV) are GJ, CP, all used for a rather short time it seems.
I have a single later label with a normal code: FV on A-3429 (by Yerkes), but this issue also exists without code.
Possibly A-3443 (Nora Bayes) exists with GV (picture not clear) and BP.
It seems BP is the most common later code.

Han Enderman
===

>>> You say another system was used after this. What was it? On subsequent releases I have the code BP and CP being used.  CP on 3401 and BP on 3410, 3429, 3433, 3439.  After that there are no codes on any records I have above this last catalog number.  I'm assuming then that P was 1922.

Glenn