[78-L] Early Blues in Europe

Bertrand CHAUMELLE chaumelle at orange.fr
Tue Jan 13 16:06:47 PST 2009

Panassié met John Hammond when he came to Europe in 1933. In 1938,
Panassié went to the States and spent 5 months in New York.

Delaunay, in the early thirties, befriended  Jean-Louis Levy-Alvarez,
whose father  owned a record shop, "La Boîte à Musique" in
Montparnasse. Thru him, he was able to order from the States all kinds
of  jazz records otherwise unavailable in France.

BC