[78-L] Early Blues in Europe

maceo at nugrape.net maceo at nugrape.net
Tue Jan 13 14:43:41 PST 2009

It seems from the reference below he had direct access to musicians then
touring France, therefore first heard jazz from touring artists?

http://books.google.com.au/books?
id=3t8SLVloJjsC&pg=PA75&lpg=PA75&dq=Hugues+Panassie+1930s&source=bl&ots=_JmqgnR
_qL&sig=2_e3rJuPpF3ziyPJjrC82HDeuA0&hl=en&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=3&ct=resul