[78-L] Digital Television -To Be,Or Not To Be? ^

bradc944 at comcast.net bradc944 at comcast.net
Mon Jan 12 23:31:14 PST 2009

I installed mine as soon as I got it onto the big Barco projector set (another thrift store find for $20)... c'est magnifique!  Depending on the channel anad whether they are sending SD (Standard Def) or HD (High Def)... or in ABC's case, ED (720i - their version of HiDef), I see a marked improvement over analog signals.  This is using the S-Video output on the DTV tuner.  It ainn't true hi-def, but boy when the transmission is 16:9 D, it looks sooooooo good.

Another consideration is this: the picture quality will be superior to cable because you'll be getting an uncompressed data stream, whereas with cable (and even more so with Dish or DirecTV), they compress the data stream, leading to artifacting, which looks icky.

Just my 00000010 cents' worth

Brad