[78-L] Digital Television -To Be,Or Not To Be? ^

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Mon Jan 12 22:29:25 PST 2009

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [78-L] Digital Television -To Be,Or Not To Be? ^
From: Malcolm Rockwell <malcolm at 78data.com>
Date: Sat, January 10, 2009 11:54 am

> The Hawaiian digital switchover happens here in 5 more days -
> on January 15th.
> The broadcast powers that be are busily scurrying around the islands
> looking for dead spots in their digital domains, so the digital
> transmitting system is actually already operating, but only in test mode.

Not in test mode, in real legally required fully operational mode.  It
is not a change-over with one system ending and the other beginning.
Digital transmissions was required of EVERY station back to at least
2005 with some going on the air as early as 2003.  EVERY station has
been on the air with their digital signal for about three years.

> I have cable now but also keep an antenna setup for emergency
> situations, like if the cable goes down due to natural disaster.
> Am curious to see if there's any upgrade in picture quality.

If you have already gotten your converter box or have a newer set with a
digital tuner, why didn't you check this out as soon as you got
it???????????????  Those digital signals have been there for years
already.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com

*******