[78-L] reunion OT

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Mon Jan 12 15:21:14 PST 2009

Ken "Silver Showcase" wrote:
> Ron Fial wrote:
>> Be very cautious of reunion.com.  This scumbag site sends this email, and tell you a friend it searching for you at the reunion.com site.  When you go there, you must accept a free registration in order to find out who it is.  When you register, it asks you for your gmail or yahoo password.
>
> And that's the BIG RED FLAG!  Why-oh-why would you give any of your
> passwords to anybody???  CERTAINLY not to any on-line business who asks
> for them.  Never ever!
>
> If you have done that go to your Yahoo account right now and change your
> password.

While you're there, update your Yahoo tracking..this came to 78-C from Steve
Ramm the other day but I haven't seen it on other lists.

Yahoo is Tracking Group Members         If you belong to ANY Yahoo Groups - be
aware that Yahoo is now using "Web Beacons" to track every Yahoo Group user.
It's similar to cookies, but allows Yahoo to record every website and every
group you visit, even when you're not connected to Yahoo. Look at their updated
privacy statement at http://info.yahoo.com/privacy/us/yahoo/details.html
   About half-way down the page, in the section on *cookies*, you will see a
link that says *WEB BEACONS*.         Click on the phrase "Web Beacons." On the
page that opens, on the left find a box entitled "Opt-Out."         In that
section find "opt-out of interest-matched advertising" link that will let you
"opt-out" of their snooping. Click it and then click the opt-out button on the
ability to opt-out of it - is not user-specific. It is MACHINE specific. That
means you will have to opt-out on every computer (and browser) you use.
  Please forward this to your other groups.