[78-L] reunion OT

Ron Fial ron at fial.com
Mon Jan 12 14:48:25 PST 2009

Be very cautious of reunion.com.  This scumbag site sends this email, and tell you a friend it searching for you at the reunion.com site.  When you go there, you must accept a free registration in order to find out who it is.  When you register, it asks you for your gmail or yahoo password.  The site then logs in to yahoo as you, and sucks up your entire address book.  It then sends emails to those people saying you are looking for them, and the process repeats.

It is ugly.  Los Angeles Better Business Bureau gives reunion.com and "F".   Jeffrey Tinsley, the CEO, is now one of the worlds largest spammers.  I hope somebody finds some legal way to put him out of business real soon.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reunion.com  for more information, and read the LA Times article:
called "Too much contact at this reunion":  http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-lazarus16apr16,1,3384913.column

Regards,
   Ron Fial    78-L list manager