[78-L] Babe Russin

Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr. citroenid19 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jan 10 13:57:15 PST 2009

Albert Haim wrote:

> The Irving Russin in Coconut Grove, FL is not THE "Babe Russin." I
> talked to his wife.
>

> The Babe Russin mentioned by George in his auction website is George
> Irving Russin, unlisted phone. I talked to him a couple of days ago.
> Here is my interview
>

> http://www.network54.com/Forum/27140/message/1231342583
>

> George is in his 80s and tells me that he never played with Bix. The
> evidence that he did is found in Sudhalter and Evans, Evans and Evans
> and the Metronome magazine issue about Bix.
>

> George Russin is very friendly and talked to me for a quite a while.

Is this the Russin that is in the interview who mentioned going to
England in 1928? Just confirming. If so, is there any way I can get hold
of him? I want to ask him questions about Lou Calabrese, who went over
at about that time with Specht.

--
Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr. #:?)
Technology, thoughtfully, responsibly.