[78-L] Janet Brace and An Orange Colored Sky

Clifford Bolling 78records at cdbpdx.com
Fri Jan 9 21:04:18 PST 2009

I can find no information about KING record 15061 with Janet Brace singing AN ORANGE COLORED SKY and OCEANA ROLL with Milton DeLugg and orchestra.  I posted videos of these recordings on YouTube.  If you search YouTube, you will quickly find them.  My only copy of this recording is a DEEJAY copy with some text on the labels describing Janet Brace and her career.  It states this is her initial recording after leaving the Johnny Long band to get married.  What year was that?

DeLugg co-wrote Orange Colored Sky in 1950.  Is this the first recording of this song, c.1950?  I looked at the Online Discography and it only shows a single entry for KING 15061 - AN ORANGE COLORED SKY, with no artist, orchestra, or date.  A fairly extensive search of the internet shows a few DECCA recordings by Janet Brace around 1953 and an LP for ABC in 1956 but no mention of this recording.

Thanks for helping!  Cliff