[78-L] Babe Russin is Alive!

Julian Vein julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Jan 9 05:30:28 PST 2009

 From www.alljazz.us

"Babe Russin is Alive!

One of our clients called to complain that we had not awarded him a
record he had bid on as we had entered the wrong catalog number in the
computer. He said he wanted the record because Babe Russin was playing
on it and he wanted to give it to him.

We said Russin died years ago. No, we were told, he is 96 alive and
living in Florida. The news of his death was actually reporting his
brother's death, but Babe "never bothered" to get it corrected. He is
reported to have lots of stories about the bands and singers he played
with."

That's 25 wasted years (his death was reported in 1984) in which we
could have asked him a myriad of questions! He's one of the most
underrated tenor sax players and one of my favourites.

      Julian Vein