[78-L] Dews & Santley

John G. jgozza at ntlworld.com
Fri Jan 9 04:56:47 PST 2009

Can anyone help with information on these two rather obscure artistes ?

1.  Eli\zabeth  DEWS     mezzo-soprano.  All I know is that she made  14 or
so  recordings for the Gram. Co. between  1906    and  1909, and a couple
more a bit later.    If anyone can add details,  e.g.  d.o.b.  etc.  I would
be grateful.

2.  Maud  SANTLEY.   Soprano who made two G & T's  in  1903,  and some, I
believe, on Pathe and Odeon.    .  Again, that's all I know  -  except that
I've been  told that she was  the daughter of Sir Charles Santley.

Many thanks to any respondents.

John Goslin