[78-L] "Spider Web reverse side [[FWD}

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Thu Jan 8 06:54:23 PST 2009

Mike Harkin wrote:
> Randy Watts wrote:
> Is that why some classical sets throw in a "bonus" piece rather than have
> an odd number of sides and the last disc in the set single-sided?
>
> WERM has numerous examples of Victor sets with an odd number of sides, with note, "Reissued 1946 with fill-up "____________"
>
> Mike in Plovdiv

Didn't the manual versions stay as they were, with blank last sides?
One of the oddest fill-up situations occurred with the Columbia set of Holst
conducting The Planets. All movements except Mercury are two-sided, so the
filler (Marching Song) was placed on the back of Mercury (Side 5). I don't know
if this was ever issued in auto sequence.