[78-L] Pierre & Chaikovskii...

Ted Kneebone tkneebone1 at abe.midco.net
Wed Jan 7 11:10:34 PST 2009

Surely this is off topic, but since someone got us started on
pronunciations, here are two for you.
We know you are not from South Dakota if you do not pronounce Pierre
correctly.  We ignore its French heritage by pronouncing it "Peer."

Nebraska people mess up the beautiful girl's name "Beatrice" by calling it
"Bee-at-ris."

Now to get back to something related to 78 rpm discs...

Anyone know where I can get a CD of the Chaikovskii piano concerto no. 1 by
Egon Petri, and the London Philharmonic, conducted (I think) by Walter
Goehr?

Ted Kneebone. 1528 S. Grant St., Aberdeen, SD 57401. Phone: 605-226-3344.