[78-L] Deep Ellum Blues^

Julian Vein julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Jan 2 23:07:06 PST 2009

Steven C. Barr wrote:
> [...]
What's a transvestite doing hanging from the ceiling?
There's a BBC TV series over here called "Grumpy Old Men/Women", where
the participants moan about everything under the sun. A recent one was
about New Year's Eve parties. In it Rick Wakeman said he once tried
having sex over midnight so that he could do it straddling the two
years. Unfortunately, on the TV appeared Andy Stewart (a New Year's Eve
regular--Britain's answer to Guy Lombardo), a purveyor of Porridge Belt
performances, which was enough to dampen anyone's ardour. Fortunately,
said Wakeman, it didn't matter too much as he was alone!

      Julian Vein