[78-L] Instant Karna

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Thu Jan 1 17:20:00 PST 2009

It is still the first day of the new year, but I think that I have
already done my good deed for the year.  I just got an email that was
sent to a half dozen old time radio experts by another OTR expert who
was answering someone who had turned up about 150 ETs and wanted to know
if there was any value.  Most seem to be government public service
programs from the 50s which really don't have much value, and that is
what the expert correctly told the guy.  But there were scans of three
discs attached.  The first one was one of the 1956 March of Dimes discs
with Johnnie Ray, Crew Cuts, and Count Basie which might be one of the
ones I have.  Not worth more than a few bucks.   The second one was
episode 15 of the Clyde Beatty program, all of which is in circulation.
Likewise.  The third one was a 1957 March of Dimes ET, matrix
GM-8M-0657.  Interviewed on it is Jill Cory and Andy Williams.  Yawn.
AND ELVIS PRESLEY.  I could have lied, but I told him (and the others in
this group) that this disc is worth many thousands of dollars.

OK.  So I didn't find a wallet in a cab and returned it to the owner.
But isn't this the same thing?

Mike (honest abe) Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com