[78-L] Merry Christmas

Tom nice_guy_with_an_mba at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 29 11:51:39 PST 2008

<< ... there are no Santa songs of note around except those which appeared in the late 40s and early 50s from Bing and Gene etc. >>

1. Run Rudolph Run, by Chuck Berry

2. Little Saint Nick, by the Beach Boys

3. I'm Your Santa, by Lil' Ed and the Blues Imperials

4. I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus, by Jimmy Boyd, the Ronettes et al

5. I'm Your Santa, by B.B. King

6. Christmas Everyday, by Smokey Robinson and the Miracles

7. Santa Claus Wants Some Lovin', by Albert King, Tinsley Ellis et al

8. Santa's Messin With the Kid, by Eddie Campbell

9. This Time of the Year, by Brook Benton

10. Mary's Boy Child, by Harry ("I was responsible for the election of John F. Kennedy because I introduced him to Martin Luther King, without whose support he would have lost") Belafonte

And I haven't even gotten to the vast archive of culturally rich material contributed by James Brown -- you know, like Santa Claus, Go Straight to the Ghetto; Santa Claus, Santa Claus; or the rap and hip hop archive of Santa songs, like Run DMC's Christmas in Hollis.

See what Bing and Gene started?  ;)