[78-L] Merry Christmas

DAVID BURNHAM burnhamd at rogers.com
Mon Dec 29 11:27:34 PST 2008

Michael Biel wrote

Oh, and by the way, your Christmas is over by now, right?

By my count, today is day 5 of 12.  Maybe it's just me but I visit, exchange gifts and play Christmas music throughout the 12 days of Christmas and, so far, have convinced by Jewish wife that everyone does it that way.

One thing my daughter noticed, (I hadn't), is that there are no Santa songs of note around except those which appeared in the late 40s and early 50s from Bing and Gene etc.  She, of course, wouldn't know about Santa hiding in the Phonograph but I have never found any Santa songs from the 20s or 30s, not counting "'Twas the Night before Christmas" read by Milton Cross, but that's not a song.  Surely Santa must have been a major part of Christmas for kids during those decades and his image was certainly poplular in Coke commercials.

db